Physical Therapy in Plaistow for Pain Care
Welcome to Pinnacle Physical Therapy’s guide to spinal cord stimulators.
A spinal cord stimulator, also called a dorsal column stimulator, is an implanted electronic device used to help treat chronic pain. These devices have been in use for the treatment of pain for over 30 years and they continue to improve. The area of medical science responsible for developing these devices is called neuromodulation.
The spinal cord stimulator will not cure your pain, but you should see a reduction in your pain of 50 percent or more if the stimulator procedure is successful. The goal of the spinal cord stimulator is to allow you to be more active, have less pain, and take less pain medication.
This guide will help you understand:
- what parts of the spine are involved
- what the surgeon is trying to achieve
- what the spinal cord stimulator looks like
- what happens during surgery
- what could go wrong
- what Pinnacle Physical Therapy’s approach to rehabilitation is