Physical Therapy in Plaistow for Hand Conditions
Welcome to Pinnacle Physical Therapy's resource on thumb fusion surgery.
Thumb arthritis may be surgically treated with a fusion procedure. The bones that form the thumb joint are set so they can grow together, or fuse. A fusion keeps the problem joint from moving so that pain is eliminated.
This guide will help you understand:
- which parts of the thumb are involved
- why this type of surgery is used
- how the operation is performed
- what to expect before and after surgery
- Pinnacle Physical Therapy’s guide to rehabilitation after surgery